Published in 2010 by the International Society for the Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychoses; 158 pages.
I co-wrote and co-edited this book with Matthew Morrissey, a licensed family therapist in San Francisco. Together we wrote the first half the book, to offer guidance in resolving family conflict for people who have been labeled with psychiatric disorders (such as schizophrenia, bipolar, major depression, etc.). The second half of the book is comprised of personal accounts of healing by a variety of people who were themselves psychiatrically diagnosed. Almost all have come off their psychiatric medication, and tell how and why they did it.
- Patch Adams, M.D., inspiration for Robin Williams film, founder of the Gesundheit! Institute
- Joanne Greenberg, bestselling author, I Never Promised You a Rose Garden
- David Oaks, director, MindFreedom International
- Will Hall, co-founder, Freedom Center, host, Madness Radio
- Annie Rogers, PhD, professor at Hampshire College, author, A Shining Affliction