The basis for all childhood trauma starts in the family, with parents, and for that reason I devote much of my energy to studying families and parenting – and to studying the experience and consequence of being a child in a partially unhealthy family.
- Musings on Procreation, the Rights of Children, and Our Disturbed World
- Paying People to Get Sterilized: A Hypothetical Proposal
- Five Reasons Not to Have Children
- The Baby’s Manifesto
- Better Late Than Never: 12 Suggestions For Parents Seeking Enlightenment
- A License to Procreate: Putting a Stop to Inappropriate Parents
- Family: The Prototypical Cult
- The Good-Enough Mother: NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
- Why Do People Really Have Children?
- The Spiritual Rights of the Child
- Children Own Their Parents
- Spoiling a Child Is Not Love
- Adoption Is Not the Enlightened Way to Have Children
- The Gravity of the Family System
- Father’s Day: Another Sick Holiday
- Everyone Is His Own Hated Minority
- Jesus Rejected His Mother
Thank you for your bravery and your ability to speak truth to power especially in our diseastrous political system with Trump. I am now a 66 year old white PHD biopsychologist who through your work as well as Irving Kirsch and Whitman’s work and others realize most of what I learned and taught medical students in a major University was wrong. I now see that as a child and later I was psychically, emotionally and sexually abused and labeled the sick one schizophrenic and received every psych med that was available at the time. I decided at an early age I would never have children because I did not want to pass on what I was incorrectly diagnosed with. As I grew I tried to do my best but was eventually considered disabled by the mental health system when I became very discouraged though not suicidal and was hospitalized against my will with police and ambulance. In the hospital I was made fun of and further abused and traumatized by staff and patients where my life was threatened and I was given pornographic pictures by a woman. I became more and more desperate and tried to express my pain was hospitalized many more times with more abuse and became extremely traumatized. If there is anything I can do to help you with your brave approach please let me know though I am basically housebound now due to extreme fear. I am hoping I can write a book about my many experiences. Please keep up all your work. Love to you. Zel
I am so sorry you had to endure so much hardship and abuse in your life.
I truly hope you are in a better place today.
I wish you a complete healing…